When your work is interesting and you’re learning something new, it feels like you’re reborn a little bit every day. – Deborah McMurray
If you are entrepreneurial, a self-starter, motivated, passionate, love cool gadgets and technology, really smart, authentic, nice and fun . . . then you are the perfect candidate for us. Get ready to collaborate with the clients you serve, helping them solve problems and launch new brands, projects and ideas – and get ready to join our CP team as a “Pilot” and know that you’ll become an important contributor.
Our benefits are generous and compensation is competitive.
Senior Web/Graphic Designer
Content Pilot is a fast-growing agency providing the best brands and technology solutions to the professional services, charitable and retail industries, with a specific focus on law firms. Our work has received national industry awards and we want you to help contribute to our growing success. You will have the chance to work on projects for many of the leading companies in these industries - in a fun, flexible and virtual work environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated, high-energy, self-starter to work alongside our diverse team of project managers, brand strategists and technologists. Our new Senior Designer will play a role in the creation of most projects – with a heavy focus on digital – applying a design aesthetic to each of our clients' websites that is consistent with their brands. From pixels to print and logos to landing pages – you’ll be doing it all.
The Short Story
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience as a web designer, with experience working with law firms a huge plus.
- Create great design and humbly accept direction and feedback from others.
- Work quickly, question assumptions and ideate and iterate often.
- You have a passion for both digital and print design
- You have strong conceptual problem solving skills
- You have an eye for details and finesse
- You are curious learner, you listen and lead
- You ask “Why” and “What if?”
- You are flexible, collaborative and welcome differing perspectives
- You love typography and have a great color sense
- You can do it all. From pixels to print. Branding to web.
- You are an authentic, personable communicator
- Create unique branding concepts and collateral materials that deliver a compelling message and align with the strategic direction of our clients.
- Offer never-seen-before web design that is unique and differentiating.
- Collaborate daily with our Creative Director on projects that deliver the results our clients demand.
- Work directly with Strategists, Project Managers and Developers as a part of a collaborative team.
- Track and report daily project hours to ensure detailed billing reports are available at moment’s notice.
- Reviews project timelines, seeking opportunities to exceed expectations within the project budget
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the Content Pilot brand, ensuring every communication adheres to our detailed brand requirements.
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD)
- Strong design skills and finesse, with a love for typography, colors and design grids.
- Working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with component-based design methodologies, such as Atomic Design.
- Proficiency crafting website designs that are accessible to visitors with disabilities, including compliance with WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Production skills that allow you to knockout photo backgrounds with ease and optimize images without thinking. Motion graphics and video editing skills a plus.
- Meticulous work habits, including a maniacal attention to detail and spelling, excellent organization, time management, workload balancing and ability to manage simultaneously occurring tasks in a deadline-driven business environment.
- A standout portfolio that also includes all aspects of digital and website design
- After Effects, Motion Graphics and Lottie animations a plus
- Company-paid individual medical and dental Insurance. HSA optional.
- Short-term/long-term disability and life benefits.
- 401K - company matching at 4%. (Vesting schedule applies).
- 12 days paid time-off your first year, plus 9 company holidays per year.
Resumes submitted without salary requirements or portfolios will not be considered. Pay is commensurate with experience. No placement agencies.
We're seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for front-end and back-end development focused on building bespoke websites for industry leading professional services firms. Our clients deserve the best-of-the-best, so if that is you - please continue reading.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Working in a team environment and willingness to jump in and assist in other areas to get the job done
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the WordPress CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working website
- Integrating the WordPress CMS with other third-party applications using our custom-built API
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a preference for a computer science related field
- 4+ years’ experience with WordPress related technologies
- Experience developing with and customization of the Genesis Framework
- Experience hosting multiple sites on WPEngine
- Experience with writing Sass while using a task runner like Gulp
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and ramifications for consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
- Attention to detail in coding standards and code formatting
- Experience with React of WordPress
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience with BitBucket or GitHub repositories
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- 401k with company matching
- Full-time remote work, though we may want to see you face-to-face at certain times during the year
- 14 days of Paid Time Off in your first year, plus major U.S. holidays
- Medical and Parental leave available
- And, there's more as we have additional benefits not covered here that we would love to share with you when we chat.
- Monday thru Friday schedule
How to Apply
Send your resume with a cover letter using the functionality on this page. And if you have specific questions, contact Gregg Cyrus at email@example.com. Please proofread carefully before you send – put your best foot forward: we care a lot about spelling, grammar and attention to detail.