What makes me unique
I design work that fits, strengthens and elevates our client’s brand personality. Strong, compelling concepts trump trends and frivolous techniques every time. My approach is very client-centric, meaning, I don’t get so attached to one design that I stop hearing our clients’ input. My canon of work proves that I can create beautiful visual solutions that set clients apart from their competitors, while generating results and meeting business objectives. Every client is unique, each project is new — I never get bored.
The projects that I love
Listen. Explore. Create. One of my greatest strengths is the ability to take a client’s input and objectives and transform them into a tangible, creative product. The projects that I love have always involved the client in the design process. The more collaborative the better. I’m a strong believer in sharing multiple concepts and touching base often to stay on track. The result is a solid, transparent client relationship.
What makes me proud
I’m a doer and a teacher. I never want to just manage the design process — I want to be intimately involved in it as well. There is no greater satisfaction than teaming up with other designers, encouraging each other to push the design/solution further. I want them to inspire me and I, likewise, hope to stimulate them. When it comes to working with others, my interactions are built on a foundation of respect and a willingness to listen and positively engage.
I’m also proud to see logos and packaging that I created decades ago still being used. Good design is truly timeless.
Nuts and bolts
- BFA in Graphic Communication, University of Texas at Arlington
- Enjoyed the privilege of studying under Jack Summerford, a celebrity and legend in the graphic design world
- Communications Arts Design Annual
- Print Regional Design Annual
- New York Art Directors Club
- Dallas Society of Visual Communications
- American Advertising ADDY Awards
- Art Directors Club of Houston
- Art Directors Club of Tulsa
- Art Directors Club of Los Angeles
- Catalog Age — American Catalog Awards
- Legal Marketing Association YHA Awards, Southeastern Region (f/k/a SE-LMA Awards)
- MarCom Awards
- Hermes Creative Award
- AVA Digital Awards